Infosys Times

Muhen, we are looking at you leaving for Mysore on the 25th of April. That’s what my manager told me on the 23rd. traveling is a part of my job, so Mysore it is then. No complaints, just pack your bags and leave. Finish the work and come back, that’s the way it is. For how long is the assignment? Hmmm a good question with no definite answer. Who is the client? Infosys; Great!What do I do then? Nothing; just go there, spend some time, get the work done, come back and repeat the grind again. Sounds easy right?The KSRTC bus was supposed to leave Bangalore at 4:30 in the morning. It left at 5:30 instead. Perfect Indian timing, isn’t it? Anyways, the bus ride was smooth. Thanks to the good roads.
8 A.M., Mysore.Well, everyone seems to know Infosys out here. What I was told was that, when I get down at the bus stand, just ask any auto drivers and he will surely take me to infosys, you don’t have to tell him where it is. Damn, nice. So, how much is the charge from the bus stand to Infosys? 120 RsAlright, 120 sounds really good coz I was told that I would be shelling out about 150. It was a fine morning with a cool breeze. Everything looked familiar. I don’t know why. The Infosys campus is just awesome. I don’t know if there is anymore superlative to describe the campus. It is huge, it is green, it is well maintained and it is just beautiful. First up, where is my room? Oh yes, I am staying here for free. Isn’t that nice? O.K. got the room now I need a smoke. Let’s go. After deleting 5 minutes from my life, (that’s what they say if you smoke one cigarette) I was ready for the grind. Forget it, I am not writing about my training sessions, but what I can write about is the campus. Don’t know everything about it but this is what I have seen so far.
The Campus:Spread across over 500 acres of land, it is just beautiful. It houses the Infosys Learning Institute, the Global Education Center, about 70 hostel blocks, 3 food courts, 1 multi cuisine restaurant, one multiplex, swimming pool, gym, a huge football ground, a cricket ground, artificial rock climbing, 6 tennis courts, 2 basketball courts, one volleyball court, Pharmacy, laundry, 6 badminton courts, 10 table tennis tables, a departmental store, salon for men and women, dedicated smoking zones, an apparel store, mobile phone service stores, ATM, free bicycles to move around and some more. These are some of the things that I have experienced so far. It’s a mini city inside. Some say, it is a golden jail, while some swear that they can live here for ever. So, what do I think about the place. Nothing, coz these are the things that the company thinks that it needs to provide its employees. Even then, people are not satisfied. Now why is that? It’s simple, the more you get, the more you want. It’s that simple. Whatever it is, let’s just let things the way they are and concentrate on what I came here to do.And that is training. So till then, I will search for few more things within the campus.Oh, the other thing is that you are not allowed to smoke anywhere you want. Now that sucks big time. Not even inside the room man. Sucks, but the thing is I just hate restrictions, so you can guess what will I do if I am not allowed to smoke inside the room. Keep guessing
But on the flip side, what I see of this place is the money.Almost everyone knows how Infosys started. Now look where it is now. I can’t even guess the amount of money that our man, Mr. Narayan Murthy, has put in to construct this campus. Phew. Anyways, who gives a shit? You make your money the way you want it but don’t forget to give me my money.

Comments

feddabonn said…
ey smokey. still there?
feddabonn said…
whens the next post?

Popular posts from this blog

The Bengaluru to Imphal Drive (part 1)

The true Indian