First one for 2009

Oh yes, I have not been blogging for some time. My last post was on the 25th of september 2008, hope I am right. Many people say, that's pathetic for a blogger. Sure it is.

So, what do I write now? Well, there are almost a million topics to write about. Which one do I choose? Anyways, here we go.

I wake up in the morning and raise my weary hair (oh this one is from Bon Jovi) and I am greeted by death as I pick up the newspaper. Some movie star undergoes an operation and its a frontpage item. Someone blames someone else for something. Robbery news are printed with such precision possibly inviting another few to commit the crime. Murders are reported in detail that you feel like damn, can that happen? Sports page is nothing but cricket and the nation is mad about this game. The business does not look that good either. Recession (the man made situation for money crunch) is breathing down everyone's neck. Layoffs everywhere, cost cutting. The tissues papers have vanished from my office toilets. There is no expectation for a hike. Forget it. There is a worry for the money that will go even before the money comes.

Think twice before you want to spend. Do you really need that thing that you want to buy? let's save darling, comes in your wife's order and you can't do anything about it. Can you? Forget eating out, that's too expensive, let's cook something nice instead. Movies? why spend 200 bucks a ticket in a multiplex when you get the same stuff in a DVD for 50 bucks? yeah a little compromise on the sound quality. Lets ask the newspaper guy to stop delivering the newspaper also. But darling, I want my newspaper in the morning. No you can read it in office; besides you have lot of spare time to read. Oh great.

Fine, so your shopping spree also needs to stop. Look at the number of clothes you have. She agrees. Phew, my wallet is safe for some time. Thank you recession.

So darling, this Valentine's Day, lets have a quite and nice time at home. What say?

You have your rights and imagination to guess what was the answer……………Laughing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Infosys Times

The Bengaluru to Imphal Drive (part 1)

The true Indian