10 years younger

Its been always said that the world is a small place and you never know when, where and how you are going to bump into someone you knew some years ago. The months of june and july 1996 were the months when I along with all my school friends were thinking of leaving our home town for further studies. At that time nobody knew where all we will land up one day.

2006, New Delhi- India. After 10 years of leaving school and becoming something on my own, I never thought I will meet Johnson, My good old friend, Mr. Ladoo as we call him. My tryst with Delhi started a week back when I migrated from Bangalore, a City where I spent 5 years of my life. It had become suffocating for me at the city. Delhi seemed exciting with sattelites cities of Gurgaon and Noida churning out BPOs after BPOs. Oh by the way, I work as a team leader with the world's number one customer contact center( well Used to). Now that I am here, I am planning to make the best use of the openings that is available here.

Oh now back to Johnson. It was day before yesterday that I saw Johnson's younger brother making a telephone call from a local booth. He was more surprised to see me than I was to see him. In the usual chit chat Mr.Ladoo's name popped up and he was right here in New Delhi, working in the F&B department of New Delhi's Finest 5 star hotel.

At first when I dialled his phone number I was apprehensive whether he is the same or has he changed? lots of questions in my mind. He picked up the phone...and I said..."Namaste Guruji", our usual greetings line during school. Bang!!! he got me, and I became 10 years younger in a flash......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Infosys Times

The Bengaluru to Imphal Drive (part 1)

The true Indian