Is Marriage the END of a friendship?

Damn..I hate to say this but " I have lost trust in being a good friend to anyone". Yeah I know I am wrong but there are somethings that people should know if you have been a friend to someone.
For long I have always wondered whether a friendship stays the same way after a good friend gets married? well, it stays for some but it does not remain the same for a majority of it. There are talks about being the same people even after marriage and stuff like that but in reality it does not seem to work. I mean you can't barge into someone's house after he/she is married. Well understandable in that regards but to totally neglect someone or rather discontinue knowing is something that bothers me.
Incidents are many to say that things have changed, but I can't relate all of those. But one incident I will remember is something that I will always laugh about.
Recently I did a small 2 days halt in Delhi in my travelling schedule. I met a long lost friend of mine. We caught up at "blues", a good bar in CP. As usual, when you meet someone after a long time, there are lots and lots of things that you talk about. You talk about yourself, what you have been through and he does the same. Now in that conversation, I came to know that a good friend of mine is getting married after a month. So I said, lets find out a number to call and wish. We somehow got the number and I sent a message asking whats the good time to talk.
My phone rang after about 10 minutes, the tone of the voice was not nice....the message was loud and clear...."I DONT KNOW YOU TYPES".
Who gave you this number? this is my private number, me and my would be have kept this for our own use....blah blah blah......
Damn, I was dumpstruck, I did not say anything.....I said OK and kept the phone.
What was that? was my first question. I mean someone that you have known sent you a message asking for a right time to talk, then you call back and blast the shit out of me....Does that mean that you are going to deny that we were school mates at some point of time? come on.......I just meant to say CONGRATULATIONS DUDE.......
But any which Fucking way I dont give a shit as to what you do with your life.....
Still wishes are the same that you have a great life.....
Some freaking friendship huh....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Infosys Times

The Bengaluru to Imphal Drive (part 1)

The true Indian